Construction of a courtyard in a historical monument of the Caribbean by the Pikrakis Company
In the early 1800’s, the British governor commissioned the construction of a Catholic church to architect Philip Reinagle. Today, the Temple of the Annunciation is one of the most impressive historical monuments of the Port of Spain capital of Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean. After 200 years of life, the temple is currently being renovated, satisfying the public’s desire for preserving the area’s historic architectural heritage. The building is located very close to the ocean waves of the Atlantic, in Ecuador. Given the very intense weather conditions of the area, with high levels of sunshine, salinity and strong winds, the materials selected for the renovation work are the most resilient ones of the market.
Specifically, the construction of the courtyard was assigned to the Cretan company PIKRAKIS SA, which successfully manufactured the yard, entirely of aluminum, electrically painted with Akzo Nobel powder from the Structura collection, in the design of the original iron construction!